Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Test and Persevere

PLANS: I've been making a lot of them lately.  Tricky thing about plans, there is no absolute.  Life cannot issue you a guarantee.  What I know is: God has a plan.  I beg God for what I think is best.  Several times, those plans fell through and later I realized I was glad of it.  Good things fell apart so better things could come together.  I really feel like I found where the path is leading and it makes me tremendously happy.  Yet, again, I must say that there is no guarantee.

Now, I wonder- is God testing me to see how bad I really want the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  You see, a few opportunities have presented themselves.  I should be psyched, right?!  No, these opportunities are not what I want.  In the past, I would have settled.  I would have given in, thinking, "well, this is better than nothing".  Ultimately, I would be sad that I was not where I wanted to be.  Here I am God, like a rabbit sitting behind a carrot dangling on a string.  Are you testing me, Lord?  Are you looking to see if I will desperately take the bait?  If so, it would appear that I was not as passionate about what I REALLY WANT.  But I am God.  I will not settle.  I will keep working toward what I REALLY WANT out of life.  If this is a test, I will persevere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment