Tuesday, July 10, 2012

For I Know the Plans I Have for You

When I started this blog, I knew my family was examining life and investigating changes.  We were in a very complacent and stagnant place.  I knew I could give into fear of change and continue the place I've tilled or I could go out on a limb and look for the fruit.  I chose the latter.  Michael and I talked and planned for such.  We discussed a number of possibilities and prayed ceaselessly.

I completely embraced the verse:  "I know the plans I have for you, said the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Many days, I recited it to myself- like a meditation.  I felt, truly, that God was a few steps in front of me, preparing the way.  I felt that change was needed and coming down the path.

In December, I completed my Master's degree at the University of Central Oklahoma and began examining options to enhance life for myself and my family.  In June, the change struck.  I was offered a position in Broken Arrow Public Schools, as a guidance counselor at an elementary school.  This is definitely a turn of events- I never thought I would be an elementary counselor!  I interviewed at all levels and found that I thought elementary would be a great change and a new chance for me in my career.  I am looking forward to it!  Of course, this also means turning life (as I've known it the last seven years) upside down!  Yes, this involves a move.  There is so much more feeling and emotion surrounding this move- I couldn't contain it on this blog and should maintain some privacy anyway- but I feel so blessed to be going home again.  When I went away to college, I automatically missed Tulsa. I always thought I'd move home after I graduated and live out my days there.  It's home.  However, my mother moved to Nebraska with her husband during my first semester of college and I fell in love and got married.  In this time, I've still felt a connection to my home.  I've experienced deep sadness in my mother moving out of state and no longer having a childhood home to visit.  In seven years, I've still struggled to feel like me and feel at home.  Tulsa is where I feel like me.  Like I said, there is so much more to it- and Michael has been involved in scheming and dreaming the whole time.  'No' to some ideas and 'yes' to others.  It's been a work in progress.

It will not be a neat and easy move.  Lots of factors are involved.  However, God knows the plans he has for me and the plans he has for our family.  He is a few steps in front of me / us.

I realize fully that my sacrifices are worth the rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment